Sunday 27 August 2017

Wyevale 50p Seed sale


The Wyevale 50p seed sale is on I arrived at the Dorking branch at just gone 10am and found out that they don't open until 10:30am on a Sunday, so I had a chocolate from the Costa attached to the building which did open its doors at 10:00

Ummmm Chocolate  


I was the first one at the tables and was joint by another couple who have an allotment, after about 10 minutes. I went to the Dorking branch because historically they have had twice as many tables as you see here, but Wyevale appear to be buying less stock and have less left over at the end of the season in the last couple of years. The Morden branch only had a small table and a planting trug of seed packs and I didn't get around to visiting the Croydon Branch this year.  

Despite telling myself not to go overboard I ended up with £170 worth of seed for £25 and most of the sow by dates are 2019 and 2020 and there is even one pack with a sow by date of 2021, I rejected the 2018 packs out of hand, I still have plenty of 2016 & 2017 packs in my seed boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment