Friday 7 July 2017

Watering Visits & Absent Neighbours


A watering visit to both plots early this morning as the promised thunder & lightning with rain warned about by the met office service didn't happen.

I have seeds sown and crops that are feeling the heat. In the photo banner above you can see that the plot to the left of mine has once again been left to go to seed. Brambles, bind weed and nettles are making their way into my plot and I'm dealing with the invasion as best I can but once the wind takes those seed heads I'm doomed.

I managed to fill the leaf bins up with the leafs that had been in the sacks. whilst watering at depth. 

On the Spencer Road site I topped up the comfrey pipe as the level had dropped by about 400-450mm as the weight had completely disappeared into the pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment