Saturday 1 April 2017

Estima Potatoes in Bed 2




A very early visit to Spencer Road allotment resulted in the making of soft bricks to hold down the potato membrane and 18 Estima seed potatoes being sown in bed 2, I didn't have another potato membrane sheet with me so the rest are sitting in the bottom of the grow house and continuing to chit until I can make another.

Bed 1 needs clearing of the items stored on it and parsnips sown, although I have had greater success sowing them a little later in the season, it's a job to do on one of the next visits, as is the clearing of the Walking/ Air Onion Bed 2.


The fencing around the Walking Onions Bed 1 was a little flimsy because of the cable tied connections at quarter and mid span and the frame tended to bounce a little in the wind. I have removed the bottom of two trays leaving an edge and cable tied together to offer some stiffening of the

In the afternoon I marked out and cut another potato weed membrane and a strip for the second Air Onion bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment