Tuesday 14 February 2017

Marshalls Potato Pots & Gro Kits for SoilFixer Testing


A big thank you to Emma the PR Manager for Westland Horticulture for arranging for some trial products to be sent to me after becoming aware of the SoilFixer SF60 Potato bucket trials I will be undertaking from March this year.

2 x Potato Charlotte Gro Kits
2 x Potato Grow Pots - Triple Pack

The Marshall Potato Pots was the winner of RHS Chelsea Flower Show Product of the Year 2015, this innovative growing method for potatoes is all you need for efficient and no-waste harvests.

I will not be using them for successional or no-waste harvesting of the spuds but to have a sneak peak at what's going on during the tests.

When the SF60 arrives late February / early March I will not have the CHA Compost Humification Agent charged compost ready until next season, so I'm thinking of applying the SF60 at the minimum of 5% in one bucket and Maximum of 20% by volume in another bucket to see what difference it makes.

The test mixes for Mill Green Allotment will be;

1) Verve Compost & Coir with Marshalls Potato Fertiliser
2) My Own Compost & Coir with Marshalls Potato Fertiliser  
3) My Own Compost & Coir with SF60 & 5% by volume
4) My Own Compost & Coir with SF60 & 5% by volume
5) Own Compost & Coir with SF60 & 20% by volume
6) Own Compost & Coir with SF60 & 20% by volume

I'm going to run the same test mixes in Potato Charlotte Gro Kits on Spencer Road Allotment using the compost I made last year. The Charlottes are happily chitting away in Grow Station 2 at the moment.

My plan is to repeat the experiment next year but comparing;

1) B&Q Verve Multipurpose compost & Coir
2) B&Q Verve Multipurpose compost & Coir & SF60 
3) My Own Compost & Coir
4) My Own Compost & Coir with Marshalls Potato Fertiliser  
5) My Own Compost made with CHA & Coir  
6) My Own Compost with CFA & Coir & SF60

And see what the difference in terms of harvest weight, numbers of potatoes and size of spuds.       
   

No comments:

Post a Comment