Thursday 24 November 2016

Seed Sorting


I have two main seed tool boxes, one holds open packs and packs that have been decanted into small high business card type boxes and are in alphabetical order. The other tool box holds the unopened packs or sowing in 2017. There are three much smaller boxes holding peas & beans and seed packs dated 2018 and beyond from seed sales that will get decanted into the two above in the picture, as I run out of seeds (God forbid).

Yes my name is Alan and I am a Seed-a-holic, a few weeks ago I didn't have enough Sweetcorn, now thanks to the Seed Parade 1p a pack flash sale I have an additional pack of Lark Sweetcorn just incase I have any germination problems with the packs I've got and they will bleed over into next years seed supplies. 

I have been sorting and have put aside seeds of varieties that I don't want to grow again, or I just didn't get around to using or I have obtained via seed swaps or multipacks and not going to grow and have put them aside for a local or our own Allotment Seedy Sunday.

Brighton Seedy Sunday will be held at Brighton, Hove and Sussex Sixth Form College on Sunday 5th February 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment