Sunday 18 September 2016

Sweetcorn Potatoes & Tomatoes

With work to do in the house it was not until Sunday afternoon that I managed to get down to Mill Green to harvest the secondary sweetcorn. I harvested the primary ones last weekend but decided to leave the secondary ones to have another week of sun as the temperatures were un-seasonally high.

So I came away with another jute shopping bag of sweetcorn that were processed and frozen as soon as possible after picking and a slack load of King Edward potatoes, 3 butternut squash and a few bunches of grapes off the vine.

A swift visit to drop off the shower folding panel that will be used as a cloche and a cover for a cold frame, picked a bag load of crimson crush tomatoes to go into the greenhouse to ripen and a very large Butternut squash to add to those from Mill Green

I have been saving tomato seeds and fermenting them as good examples have gone red.
so far I have:-

Amish Mayberry
Hundreds and Thousands
Kibitz
Plum Roma
Red Zebra
Sandpipe
Stupicke Poini Rane
Tumberling Tom Red
Outdoor Girl

Basically saved as I don't want to run out of seeds for these particular tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment