Tuesday 23 August 2016

Ray Rascal & Rapunzel

I look forward to Ray or Praxxius55712 uploading a vlog episode on YouTube over the weekend ready for watching on a Monday morning with breakfast.

Ray is one of life's gentlemen, the kind of guy that if you really knew him you would feel better for the experience.

Rascal is the little "crackhead" dog that Ray adopted when he found him walking down the middle of the road.

I started watching Ray for the gardening, but I never knew that I would enjoy watching his videos about his goats, chickens and turkeys, never mind the other critters that come and visit him as much as I do.


Ray has been growing a new cherry tomato plant and I want to give it a go next year, it's called Rapunzel and the good news is that I have finally found a seed supplier in the UK that can supply the seed and most searches result in American based companies.

Jungleseeds have it, the bad news is that you can't just buy one pack of seeds from them, the minimum order is £10 so until more seed suppliers in the UK start holding them, I have had to hold the candle to the devil and buy three more packs of seeds.Exhibition Giant Marrow, Tomato Micro Tom and Tomato F1 Totem as I'm looking for more prolific smaller bush cherry toms for next year.

I will try Rapunzel in the back garden, in the two green houses and out in the open on the allotment next year in addition to the other tomatoes I have planned. If it really grows well like it has for Ray and in the photo images on Google in the UK climate, then I may not have to grow as many toms each year as I currently do.

See Rays video between 23:20 to 27:35

UPDATE Fellow Grapevine member Big Mallly found them for £4 on ebay but not UK based so if I need more in the future I will look there.

1 comment:

  1. Wyevale garden centres have Tomato Rapunzal plants on sale,I work for them and the plants arrived a few days ago at the Bury StEdmunds Centre

    ReplyDelete