Sunday 28 February 2016

Plot 1A - Clearing Bed 5




I have a Christening to go to today, so I only managed couple of hours down on plot 1A this morning between 8:00 - 10:30 and as it happened it started to rain as I came away, so that was kinda OK. The Valentines flowers bought for the wife and my daughters made it to the Daleks. I again have bored some holes and primed them with coffee grounds. All three Daleks were a little dry so I have watered them again.

I tilled the comfrey bed that currently has daffs and bluebells showing. Then turned my attention to removing the weeds around in the paths and in Bed 5 which up until now has been the strawberry bed. Beautiful my Robin made an appearance and was looking for food in the bed whilst I was digging it over, it's nice to see him again I thought I had lost him.

I gave the finished bed a sprinkle of coffee grounds and then put the chicken wire hoop frame back over to stop Basil Brush who has been walking around the allotment watching me all morning.

The leafs in the leaf bins are rotting down nicely and there was enough room to empty the six sacks of leafs

Tomorrow is a whole day on plot 23B and my brother-in-laws plot 22A erecting the sheds that are hopefully going to be delivered between 10-12
   

No comments:

Post a Comment